Global Sources Ltd. (GSOL) 17.5% return in ~2 weeks
- *UPDATED 5/22/14*
- Company: Global Sources Ltd.
- Ticker: GSOL
- Market Cap: $300mm
- Size of Action: ~$50mm
- Type of Transaction: cash tender offer
- Current Price: $8.51
- Exchange Price: $10
- Potential Gain (%): ~17.5%
- Expiration: 12:00 Midnight May 28, 2014
- Tender Limit (Shares): 99
- Max Investment ($): $824
- Max Gain ($): ~$103
- Sec Filing: Link to PR
- Summary: Global Sources Ltd. (NASDAQ: GSOL) intends to commence an issuer tender offer before the end of April 2014, with expected completion before the end of May 2014, for approximately 5 million shares, or approximately 14.4% of its outstanding common shares as of Feb. 28, 2014, at a purchase price of $10.00 per share in cash. Global Sources expects to fund the tender offer with cash on hand. As of Dec. 31, 2013, Global Sources had total cash, cash equivalents and available-for-sale securities of approximately $143.8 million.
- Odd Lots: ...first, from all holders of “odd lots” of fewer than 100 Shares who properly tender all of their Shares and do not properly withdraw them before the Expiration Date....
- Comments: GSOL put out a PR stating that they will be announcing a tender offer by the end of April 2014. We are speculating that this tender offer will have a odd-lot provision set at 50 shares (very unusual) similar to its last tender offer in 2010. More information to follow.
- UPDATE 4/30/14: GSOL put out an official tender offer document. Price is up to $8.89 reducing the initial +20% upside to 12.5% but now the offer is solid and will close in less than one month. Odd-lot provision was set to 99 shares. Link
- All information contained on or available through this Web Site (“the Content”) is for general information purposes only and does not constitute any investment advice.
This entry was posted in Odd Lot Tender Offers
. Bookmark the permalink