Lockheed Martin (LMT) Odd-Lot Exchange Offer (~$2800 Profit)
- Company: Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Ticker: LMT
- Market Cap: $77bn
- Size of Action: ~$3bn
- Type of Transaction: "Split-Off" Exchange Offer & Reverse Morris Trust Transaction
- Potential Gain (%): 11%
- Expiration: August 16th
- Tender Limit (Shares): 99
- Max Investment ($): ~$25,000 per investment account
- Max Gain ($): ~$2,800 per investment account
- Sec Filing: Exchange Offer Site (Press Release & Exchange Info - Updated Daily), Filing
- Summary: Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has agreed to separate and combine its Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS) business segment with Leidos Holdings (NYSE: LDOS) in a tax-efficient "Reverse Morris Trust" transaction. In essense, Lockheed will spin off IS&GS as Abacus Innovations Corp. ("Splitco") which will then immediately merge with a subsidiary of Leidos Holdings. In an effort to encourage shareholders to exchange their shares, LMT is offering shareholders $111 in value of the Splitco for each $100 in value of LMT that shareholders exchange. This is subject to a exchange offer upper limit based on the 3-day VWAP on August 9, 10 and 11 so it is not yet final.
- Odd Lot Provision: ...except for "odd lots" (lots held by owners of fewer than 100 shares), which we will purchase on a priority basis.....
- All information contained on or available through this Web Site (“the Content”) is for general information purposes only and does not constitute any investment advice.
This entry was posted in Odd Lot Tender Offers
. Bookmark the permalink